Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My Life, such as it is....... Introduction

My Life, such as it is……………………

Introduction

Awhile back I was reading a short story by Stephen King (yes he writes not scary stuff too). It was about a grandfather and grandson interacting and in one part the grandfather was telling the grandson about the three times in a persons life. He said there is long time, normal time and short time. Long time is when you are young and it seems that everything takes a long time to happen. Such as in May it seems like a long time before school is out, etc. Normal time is when you reach late teens or early twenties and short time is when you reach late fifties or early sixties. During short time everything seems to go by fast. I have experienced all three and am now in short time.

I got to thinking that I never really knew a lot about my folks or grandparents youth and personal lives in general and decided I would try to document my life as best I can for my kids and grandkids (and anybody else that might be interested). I am not very good at opening myself up to the world. My folks and grandparents were like that and that is probably where I get it from. But I will try my best.

In upcoming chapters, I will describe various things that I remember happening in my life. I was going to try to document things chronologically, but my mind don’t work that way so things will show up as they pop into my head.

For starters, I was born in Bennet, Ne. a little town of 250 16 miles southwest of Lincoln. I was born March 31, 1941 at 1:10 AM. I weighed 9 pounds and was 21 ½ inches long. Head measured 15 inches (at 8 weeks) and my chest was 15 inches (at 1 month). I was born with a full head of black hair. My first hair cut was at two weeks old. I walked at 9 ½ months and didn’t want any help ( still that way).

No comments:

Post a Comment